Three experienced and dedicated pediatricians (former WCAAP presidents) founded the Community Pediatric Foundation of Washington as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization in 2003 to help ensure that all children have the opportunity to achieve their potential. Ten years later, the organization’s name was changed BestStart Washington to better reflect a desire to spark collaboration and creativity to address issues that will improve the lives of Washington children. Today, in collaboration with pediatricians and communities, BestStart Washington develops and funds innovative projects that improve children’s physical health, emotional wellbeing and academic achievement.
Give with AmazonSmile
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support BestStart Washington and the Washington Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to BestStart Washington. Questions? Learn more by clicking here.
Children and youth in Washington State are resilient and can achieve their full potential.
To launch collaborative health projects involving communities and pediatricians.
Our Core Values
- We recognize the interdependence of child health and community.
- We seek to work with others to improve child health outcomes.
- We value evidence-based interventions.
- We are committed to transparent decision-making.
- We view child advocacy as a rewarding professional opportunity and responsibility.
- We support WCAAP members in advocacy in their communities.