Be an advocate for ALL of Washington’s children:
- Meet your legislators! We can help set up Zoom meetings – just fill out this form by November 6 and identify up to 5 dates you are free Oct-Dec: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfg5ONkNGW444b24uBZj-MqN4S_5wFTIfHrQ7mk70qoO433Cw/viewform
- Share your patient stories! Email Jennifer Donahue or fill out this form: https://forms.gle/AKspwtdpuwiYhHeS7
- Register for Advocacy Day, February 5: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/wcaap-2021-advocacy-day-tickets-93221392695
- Sign up to testify at committee hearings in the legislature: https://forms.gle/77yLa2oQW3XKxvcC6
- Download the VoterVoice app to get Action Alert notifications sent right to your phone: https://wcaap.org/advocacy/wcaap-action-center-app/
Be an Advocate
We welcome your involvement! There are many ways to be an advocate:
1. Respond to action alerts that we send out during the legislative session
2. Join our legislative committee. We meet via Zoom – weekly during the legislative session and monthly outside of session. To learn more, contact Legislative Committee Co-Chair Dr. Beth Ebel.
3. Come to Olympia for our annual Advocacy Day – in 2021 we’ll be meeting via Zoom instead, but we’d still love to see you!
- Raising the legal age to purchase tobacco and nicotine products to 21
- Elimination of personal/philosophical exemptions for MMR vaccine for school entry
- Passage of updated distracted driving laws
- Establishment of a single phone line referral resource for children on Apple Health with behavioral health needs
- Increase of the Medicaid rate to at least 75% of Medicare for pediatric care
- Participation in the Children’s Mental Health Work Group to make recommendations to the legislature
- Ensured payment for developmental and autism screens for children on Medicaid
The WCAAP employs a lobbyist in Olympia to advocate for a child-friendly legislative agenda in our state, and Chapter members frequently testify in Olympia and meet with legislators. We also hold an annual advocacy day to familiarize members with legislators, current legislative priorities and ways to influence the legislative process.