Doctors Without Borders is urgently recruiting Pediatric Intensivists to work in MSF pediatric unit in a Lebanese Hospital located in Bekaa Valley, Lebanon. This unit was opened to provide free or charge pediatric care to Syrian and Palestinian refugees as well as vulnerable children aged 1 month to 15 years old. This unit includes a general ward, an intensive and intermediate care unit and surgical capacities.
For more details about our operations in Lebanon: http://www.msf.org/en/where-we-work/lebanon
WHAT WILL I DO?
- Apply MSF protocols and evidence-based medical knowledge to help diagnose and improve patient care
- Provide appropriate patient and family education about diseases and their management
- Follow up of hospitalized children and daily consultations in collaboration with the Lebanese medical team (on a shift basis)
- Participate in the overall effort of ongoing pediatric training (formal and bedside) of nurses and junior colleagues in order to optimize the quality of pediatric care
- Review and discuss selected cases and give technical input
- Participate in morbidity and mortality meetings
WHAT DO I NEED IN ORDER TO APPLY?
- Availability for a minimum of 1 month (3 months is preferred)
- At least 2 years relevant professional experience in pediatric critical care medicine
- Valid medical license and certification in pediatric critical care medicine
- Speaking Arabic is an asset but not required
HOW CAN I APPLY?
Here is the link to requirements and how to apply: http://bit.ly/MSFPICU
Please submit a cover letter and CV (Subject: MSF PICU application) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview