- This event has passed.
July 31: ASD Center of Excellence Certification Training
July 31, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
CENTER OF EXCELLENCE (COE) certification allows eligible providers to diagnose autism spectrum disorder for patients with Medicaid. NOTE: You must complete learning modules from the AAP and attend this training to obtain certification.
Gary Stobbe, MD: Attending Neurologist, Seattle Children’s Autism Center; Director, UW Medicine Adult Autism Clinic
Jim Mancini, MS, CCC-SLP: Speech-Language Pathologist, Seattle Children’s Autism Center
And special guests!
The COE training focuses on current research and thinking regarding the evaluation, treatment and continuing care for individuals with ASD throughout the life span including:
- Early signs and screening
- Differential diagnosis and comorbid diagnoses
- Presentation across the autism spectrum and challenges with
- Diagnostic evaluation models including the Interdisciplinary
evaluation process at the Seattle Children’s Autism Center
- Treatment options including accessing ABA
- Medication management
- Discussion of current state of services in WA and obstacles to care
- Documentation, billing codes and orders
Email for information:
Kate Orville, MPH
Director, Washington State
Medical Home Partnerships
For CYSHCN – Univ. of