- This event has passed.
June 8: Pediatric Population Health Forum
June 8, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
2019 Pediatric Population Health Forum
SeaTac Conference Center – SeaTac Airport
Presented by Amerigroup
Families face increasing challenges supporting their children’s growth and development. The science is clear: parents’ own health, financial security, and stress levels directly impact their children’s physical health now and for a lifetime. How can we use a population health lens to improve care and make the greatest positive impact on children and families in times of widening income gaps and amidst complex social challenges? In this day-long forum we are bringing national and state experts together to share strategies and tools for providers caring for pediatric populations:
- Practice implementation and systems building: screening for and addressing social determinants of health and perinatal depression
- Creating an integrated care management and behavioral health program in a pediatric primary care setting
- Motivational interviewing as a tool to foster patient and family behavior change
- Engaging families in meaningful partnerships
- Sustaining your practice using mindfulness as an everyday tool
Plenary speakers include Paul Dworkin, MD, FAAP, founding director of the Help Me Grow National Center; Marian Earls, MD, MTS, FAAP, director of pediatric programs and deputy chief medical officer of Community Care of North Carolina; and Paul. A Fishman, PhD, professor of health economics at the University of Washington.
Thank you to our 2019 supporters: