Submit your event to have it added to the WCAAP Events calendar.
During this training, participants will:
● Reinforce basic understanding of diagnostic criteria for Autism Spectrum Disorder.
● Gain deeper understanding of comorbidities affecting children with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
● Become familiar with the MCHAT-R screening tool in English and Vietnamese.
● Gain deeper understanding of issues patients with Autism face as they transition to adulthood.
● Have an opportunity to participate in a facilitated discussion of cultural adaptation of the MCHAT-R: Vietnamese
translation. Participants will receive a $50 stipend for their time.
Who should attend:
Professionals working with children in the Vietnamese community in King County.
Primary care providers, Pediatricians, Dentists, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Medical Interpreters, Pharmacists, Therapists (Speech and Language, Occupational, Physical, Mental Health, and others), Psychologists, Psychiatrists, and other health care professionals who care for Vietnamese families.
When: Saturday May 11, 2019 from 8 AM to 2 PM
Where: Wisteria Hall | University of Washington Botanic Gardens (South of UW Husky Stadium)
2300 Arboretum Dr. E., Wisteria Hall, Seattle, WA 98112
Breakfast and Lunch will be provided
Please register by 5:00 PM, Thursday, May 9, 2019
To register, please send the following information by E-mail to Van Hong at firstname.lastname@example.org,
● First name and last name
● Role in organization
● Telephone contact
● Any dietary or mobility accommodations
● Email contact
For registration or questions about the venue and details for the day, please contact Van Hong at
This educational opportunity is a service provided by the Vietnamese Family Autism Advisory Board (VFAAB),
HopeCentral Pediatrics & Behavioral Health, University of Washington LEND Program and Seattle Children’s Autism Center. This event is supported by a Developmental Screening and Referral Pilot Project grant award administered by Best Starts for Kids, King County.