- This event has passed.
May 20: Promoting First Relationships in Pediatric Primary Care
May 20, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$125.00
How Can Promoting First Relationships help medical providers in pediatric primary care? PFR-PPC will help you:
- UNDERSTAND how to promote and support stable and secure early parent-child relationships in everyday office visits
- BEGIN TO SEE attachment behaviors and elements of healthy relationships that are happening in patient encounters through the use of videos and case studies
- LEARN skills that can be used by medical providers to strengthen a caregiver-child relationship during both well child care and challenging behavior visits
- REALIZE how both parents and medical providers can feel an increased sense of competence and confidence in addressing the social-emotional health of young children with PFR-PPC
What is Promoting First Relationships in Pediatric Primary Care?
- A university based program adapted by pediatricians to help pediatric primary care providers support stable and secure early parent-child relationships
- A framework that operationalizes attachment and child development theory into applied practice and intervention strategies specifically for the pediatric office visit
- A curriculum that also provides well-child check handouts for each visit (newborn – three years old) to share with parents
- Consultation strategies to promote infant/toddler mental health
Who Should Attend? Pediatricians, Pediatric and Family Nurse Practitioners, Care Managers and other providers at community health center.
About the Trainers – Jeannie Larsen, MD, is a Primary Care Pediatrician at Allegro Pediatrics in Bellevue, Washinginton and is a co-author of Promoting First Relationships in Pediatric Primary Care. Nancy Thordarson, MD, is an affiliate assistant professor at the University of Washington and a Pediatrician at the Everett Clinic. Nancy is co-author of Promoting First Relationships in Pediatric Primary Care.
SPECIAL REDUCED RATE for 2018: $125 (regularly $275)
$125 registration fee includes PFR-PPC manual and CD with 15 reproducible parent handouts for well-child visits across the first 3 years.