In support of Gun Violence Awareness month, Harborview Injury Prevention & Research Center’s Firearm Injury & Policy Research Program (FIPRP) has created a new interactive toolkit on firearm injury and suicide prevention strategies. FIPRP’s mission is to reduce the impact of firearm injury and death on people’s lives through research and collaboration.
The interactive toolkit details three interventions available to protect yourself and loved ones from firearm injury or suicide:
- Firearm Safe Storage provides an effective way to keep you and your family safe. The toolkit includes an interactive map made to help people in crisis identify temporary firearm storage options outside the home.
- Extreme Risk Protection Orders (ERPOs) allow families or law enforcement to petition a judge to restrict individual possession and purchase of firearms using a civil order.
- Voluntary Waiver of Firearm Rights (Voluntary Do-Not-Sell) lets people voluntarily and confidentially restrict immediate access to firearm purchase.
Our toolkit contains downloadable videos and information flyers, social media graphics, and links to additional resources.
- Safe Storage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0LetqXQFwo
- ERPO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_v6zPd4d9I
- Voluntary Waiver of Firearm Rights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5oFex5Ltvs
Please share this link with others in your network: https://hiprc.org/3interventionstoolkit/
If you have not yet subscribed to our monthly newsletter to learn more about HIPRC and our Firearm Research Program, click here.
Questions, comments, or feedback? email@example.com