The WCAAP provides the professional support you need to practice the best possible medicine for children in Washington State whether you are a pediatric subspecialist, general pediatrician, hospitalist, or other medical professional.
How do I apply for Membership?
Click here to reactivate your membership.
Click here to join both the National AAP and the Washington Chapter for the first time.
Click here if you are already an AAP National member and would like to join the Washington Chapter.
Click here if you would like to join only the Washington Chapter at this time.Become a Member!
Why Should I Be a Member of the WCAAP?
As a member, you directly support advocacy efforts on behalf of Washington State children and their families as well as Pediatricians, Subspecialists and other Health Professionals. This is a primary focus of our chapter.
- We employ a lobbyist in Olympia who works closely with our Board and Legislative Committee.
- We host an annual Advocacy Day, allowing WCAAP members to meet directly with their legislators in Olympia to discuss policies that impact children and families in Washington.
- Our legislative liaison system matches local Pediatricians with their district representatives.
- We facilitate communication between WCAAP members and government representatives through email, phone calls, personal visits and providing testimony at the Capitol.
Membership gives you access to state pediatric experts, policy makers and community leaders. Chapter committees offer a way to participate in work that interests you, while Chapter communications like our monthly Developments newsletter keep you up-to-date on conferences, project work, and legislative progress.
The WCAAP both supports and catalogs CME offerings throughout Washington. We are also working to develop online CME offerings as an included member benefit.
In partnership with the Washington State Department of Health, our Great MINDS developmental screening trainings have transitioned to a regional model, with training events held throughout the state.
Our website resource section offers Washington State-specific information and links for members and their patients to a variety of pertinent topics.
Whether you prefer a large or small role, there many leadership opportunities available through the WCAAP. If you have limited time to get involved, you can support our work by responding to Action Alerts during the legislative session or by meeting with your legislators during the interim. If you have more time, consider joining one of our committees! Please check out our committee page for more details.
Although it is encouraged, you do not have to maintain membership in the national AAP to be a WCAAP member.
- Standard membership dues for the WCAAP cost $190 per year for fellows, specialty fellows, dentists, and other physician members.
- Membership dues for allied health and family affiliate members are $75 per year.
- Membership for students, residents, post residents, and senior members are complimentary.
- Donations are gladly accepted!
Fellow: Applicants must have received initial board certification in pediatrics from an approved Board.
Specialty Fellow: Applicants must be certified by Boards other than the Boards that qualify them for Fellow and meet the requirements as determined by the specialty section through which they apply.
Senior Fellow: Retired or emeritus members are eligible for Senior Fellow status, with dues waived.
Candidate Member: Completed training in a pediatric or surgical residency that is approved for credit toward certification by an eligible Board.
Post-Residency Training Member: Fellowship trainees in a pediatric subspecialty or surgical fellowship training program.
Resident Member: Currently enrolled in an approved pediatric residency program.
Chapter Affiliate: Pediatricians or health care providers such as family physicians or dentists who wish to be Chapter members and are not members of AAP nationally.
Chapter Affiliate Allied Health: Physician assistants, nurse practitioners, or nurses who work in pediatrics.
Chapter Affiliate Parent/Family
Chapter Affiliate Student: Available to students who are enrolled in an accredited medical school.