The Washington Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics and the Washington State Department of Health (DOH) have partnered together to improve COVID-19 vaccination in pediatric primary care settings. Over a 3-month period, clinics will complete a needs assessment, receive targeted coaching, and participate in a cohort of practices committed to improving their COVID-19 vaccine communication strategies and workflows.
- Clinic stipend of $1,500-2,500
- Participating staff and providers will receive process improvement coaching and trainings.
- Improve immunization workflows to reduce missed opportunities.
- Consistently assess COVID-19 vaccine status and offer vaccine.
- Ensure consistent communication and messaging across all clinic team members.
- Emphasize pediatric primary care as a resource for reliable and accurate information for families.
Forming Your Practice Team
To participate, we recommend that you assign at least two primary contacts to lead this short QI project.
- Clinical Leader: This person should be a clinician, have a comprehensive understanding of how the clinic operates, and have a strong interest in quality improvement. For this project, they will provide insights into areas of opportunity and how a new workflow would be received. The clinical leader does not have to be a physician but should have a direct patient care role. Examples: Physician, Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, Registered Nurse.
- Project Leader: This person will serve as the project manager for this project at your clinic. They will ensure materials are shared with clinic staff. This leader should be comfortable with peer-to-peer instruction and have time to dedicate to the project.
Project Timeline April-July 2022
|April 2022: Baseline information collected
|Clinics complete assessment packet and share with coaching team.
|Professional Service Agreements signed.
|April 2022: Clinic improvement project starts
|Cohort kick-off meeting, Individual practice meetings
|Cohort kick-off Meeting 60-min—Both project leads attend. Individual practice meetings—Clinics meet with coaching team for 60-minutes to discuss specific and attainable improvements they can make to their workflow and communication strategies. Dropbox will be available with clinic resources.
|Targeted resources provided, Cohort Meeting
|Clinics receive targeted resources and webinars to promote communication strategies and workflows. Opportunity to share and learn from other participating clinics—60-minute meeting
|Cohort Project wrap-up meeting
|Both project leads attend. Clinics discuss their improvement process, new workflows implemented, and sustainability strategies.
|Biweekly Friday email check-ins
|Reply by the following Tuesday
|Clinic stipends sent
To learn more or to sign up for this support, contact DeAnna Dudley at firstname.lastname@example.org