Our mission is to champion the health and well-being of children, adolescents, and families through advocacy, education, and partnership – but within that mission lives a critical goal to provide timely, relevant support for our members. Our members’ diversity brings a wealth of expertise to our table, whether to provide education or to speak up on legislative policies in Olympia. When we work together, we are a powerful driver of change in the right direction.
Your membership in WCAAP instantly connects you to a network of passionate, dedicated pediatric health care providers in communities throughout the state of Washington. As a WCAAP member, you’ll gain:
- Access to state pediatric experts, policy makers and community leaders.
- A platform to connect with legislators and advocate for child health.
- Collaboration and leadership opportunities, no matter where you are in your career, or where you live in the state.
- Opportunities to participate in state and local clinical improvement projects.
- A community of pediatric providers who understand the challenges and rewards of caring for children, adolescents, and families – and are committed to working toward a healthier, more equitable future.
How to Join
Member Categories & Dues
- Fellow: $190/year. Applicants must have received initial board certification in pediatrics from an approved Board.
- Specialty Fellow: $190/year. Applicants must be certified by Boards other than the Boards that qualify them for Fellow and meet the requirements as determined by the specialty section through which they apply.
- Senior Fellow: Dues waived. Retired or emeritus members are eligible for Senior Fellow status, with dues waived.
- Candidate Member: $190/year. Completed training in a pediatric or surgical residency that is approved for credit toward certification by an eligible Board.
- Post-Residency Training Member: Dues waived. Fellowship trainees in a pediatric subspecialty or surgical fellowship training program.
- Resident Member: Dues waived. Currently enrolled in an approved pediatric residency program.
- Chapter Affiliate: $190/year. Pediatricians or health care providers such as family physicians, dentists or naturopathic physicians who wish to be Chapter members and are not members of AAP nationally.
- Chapter Affiliate Allied Health: $75/year. Physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses or other health care providers who work in pediatrics but are not physicians or dentists.
- Chapter Affiliate Parent/Family: $50/year.
- Chapter Affiliate Student: Dues waived. Available to students who are enrolled in an accredited medical school.