Help Us Get Washington’s Kids Caught Up on Vaccines!
Immunity Community resources – Vax to School and Vax into Summer tools developed by WCAAP, DOH, and Public Health Seattle & King County include social media toolkits with images and text in Spanish and English, and “Dear Parent” template letters to recall families to catch up on routine childhood immunizations (available in 10 languages).
Answers to Common Questions
- 45-minute WCAAP Webinar: Promoting COVID-19 Vaccine Acceptance in Extraordinary Times (Dr. Doug Opel, March 24, 2021)
- COVID-19 vaccine communication practices and tactics:
- Preparing to answer hard questions & managing our own emotions (view recording)
- Building trust with families & ensuring consistent messaging (view recording)
- Overcoming objections, addressing misconceptions (view recording)
- Talking about safety (view recording) *this session includes information from DOH on support for COVID-19 vaccine providers
- October 28: Information from DOH on distribution and administration of COVID-19 vaccine for kids ages 5-11 (view recording)
- November 3: Town Hall Forum with DOH on COVID-19 vaccine for kids ages 5-11 (coming soon)
- November 10: Talking safety – kids ages 5-11 (coming soon)
- December 1: Addressing misconceptions – kids ages 5-11 (coming soon)
Articles & Discussion Guides
- Page for parents, guardians, and the public: www.VaccinateWA.org/kids (or look for the skateboarding tile on www.CovidVaccineWA.org)
- ”Vaccinating Youth” page for health care providers (or look for the skateboarding tile on www.doh.wa.gov/Covid19VaccineProvider)
- Health Care Provider Discussion Guide: Building Confidence in COVID-19 mRNA Vaccines (wa.gov)
- Addressing Mistrust About COVID-19 Vaccines Among Patients of Color, Annals of Internal Medicine
- National Study of Youth Opinions on Vaccination for COVID-19 in the U.S., Journal of Adolescent Health
- What Parents/Guardians Should Know about Pediatric COVID-19 Vaccine (PDF)
- COVID-19 Vaccines: Pediatric Vaccine Toolkit for Providers (PowerPoint)
- COVID-19 Vaccines: Pediatric Vaccine Toolkit for Schools (PowerPoint)
- Washington State DOH Power of Providers Initiative
- WCAAP/WithinReach/DOH/PHSKC Vax Into Summer, Vax to School toolkits
- HHS We Can Do This campaign – toolkit for pediatricians
- AD Council COVID vaccine education toolkit
- CDC Vaccine Toolkit
CDC: You Are the Key to HPV Cancer Prevention – online education modules, free CME.
Webinar: You Are the Key to HPV Cancer Prevention. Understanding the Burden of HPV Disease, the Importance of the HPV Vaccine Recommendation, and Communicating about HPV Vaccination. Presented by Yolanda Evans, MD, MPH, FAAP.
AAP HPV Provider Champion Toolkit – online resources and education. This toolkit has the best resources available to help you:
- Educate other healthcare professionals
- Discuss HPV vaccination with parents
- Make necessary changes in your practice to improve HPV vaccination rates.
Eliminating HPV Related Diseases as a Public Health Problem: Let’s Start with Cervical Cancer – Webinar recorded March 7, 2018 by the National HPV Vaccination Roundtable, Moffit Cancer Center. Hosted by the National HPV Vaccination Roundtable in commemoration of international HPV awareness, Dr. Anna Giuliano presents the case for eliminating cervical cancer through HPV vaccination and screening.
Use these resources to make the best use of the Washington State Immunization Information System (WAIIS) and improve immunization rates.
Recent Vaccines Webinars
Drs. John Dunn and Maria Huang discuss strategies for primary care pediatric providers to talk with families about COVID-19 vaccines for kids ages 5-11 and answer questions about safety.
Hear from the Washington State Department of Health about COVID-19 vaccine distribution plans for children ages 5-11 and resources for providers. Passcode: +U#ys8ub
Families naturally have questions about the safety of COVID-19 Vaccines. This conversation with Drs. Kristi Rice and Doug Opel covers some of parents’ common safety concerns and how to address […]