You can better serve the children in your practice and strengthen your familiarity with autism screening and the referral process by participating in this Great MINDS AS3D eLearning course. The course covers why you should use a screening tool; how to integrate use of a screening tool into your practice; appropriate documentation; and results, resources, and referrals.
- Improve autism screening in accordance with AAP policy statements and Bright Futures guidelines.
- Describe strategies to conduct culturally appropriate universal development screening.
- Describe standardized autism screening tools.
- Explain proper documentation of screening tool use.
- Identify local community resources for autism evaluation and intervention.
- Summarize evolving systems and supports for primary care providers around autism screening and connection to services and supports.